SAITA has committed itself to the ideals of cooperate governance through:
- Advisory and consultancy in the integrated development planning, sustainable development and service delivery by structures of traditional leadership
- Advisory and consultancy in the design or facilitation of projects as reviewers or evaluators.
- Monitoring and providing support to the structures of traditional leadership in their participation and promotion of development and service delivery within communities.
- Facilitating the involvement of traditional communities in the development or amendment of IDPs within this area.
- Developing mechanisms for structures of leadership to support municipalities in the identification of community needs.
- Providing support in the participation of structures of traditional leadership in the development or amendment programmes of municipalities, provincial and national spheres of government.
- Organizing conferences, symposia, workshops and seminars to disseminate research findings and to generate debates and discussions on their significance for policy and customary practices.