ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
This is a five (5) days course that lays the ground work for delegates to become effective customary law mediators in South Africa and abroad. It also aims to improve their general and inter-cultural communication and negotiation skills. They will learn to use African customary law mediation skills more effectively in their leadership roles. The Department of Justice’s court- aligned mediation program will form part of their learning experience.
HOW WILL DELEGATES BENEFIT?
- They will cover the ground work to become effective mediators in their area of expertise;
- They will improve their general and inter-cultural communication and negotiation skills which are essential leadership qualities;
- They will acquire practical mediation skills training from experience practitioners
- This will enhance their existing competencies as problem solvers in their field;
- They will discover the potential of mediation as a flexible, innovative and creative processes which encourages innovation in their field;
- They will be introduced to court -aligned mediation and civil procedure in general;
- They will be introduced to African customary laws in relation to customary marriage, succession and judicial administrative actions.