This programme aims to nurture and produce credible leaders who are effective, efficient and visionary and whose actions will be guided by credible African values such as Ubuntu, honesty, continuous learning, embracing diversity and collective leadership. This programme will empower delegates to make prudent leadership decisions which are based on the principle of Good Governance. This programme reaches out to traditional and elected leaders to bring about transformation in traditional institutions while adhering to the principles of democracy when facilitating service delivery.
Thus, the programme aims to empower delegates to execute their duties speedily, effectively and efficiently in a charging environment. Whilst building capacity in areas such as leadership, rural economic development, management of natural resources and land administration, governance and legislative framework.
HOW WILL DELEGATES BENEFIT:
- Understand leadership theories and practical application of leadership skills that are grounded on African values, ethics and morals as well as acceptable codes of conduct.
- Simplify concepts such as African leadership, good governance, sustainable rural economic development, general management, natural resources management and land administration.
- Analyze whether leadership and good governance issues in your respective areas either promote or hinder efficient service delivery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of land use management and natural resource management.
- Initiate a community development project guided by leadership and good governance
- Align local government and local economic development initiatives with broader activities prioritized by provincial and national development plans.
- Understanding legislation impacting on functions of learners, rural community development, cooperative government and synergic partnerships and management of natural resources.
- Apply general management skills in your respective institutions to ensure that they work effectively, efficiently and smoothly to provide services to the satisfaction of the general public.
- Make informed decisions that contribute positively to local government and local economic development initiatives as well as national development priorities.
KEY FOCUS AREA:
- African leadership in action
- Good governance and Legislative Frameworks
- Rural community development
- General management
- Natural resource management and land administration
- Introduction to basic research